If you find yourself easily distracted (especially when working at home), please know that you aren’t the only one. Lots of us share the same struggle. The key is to acknowledge, accept, and adjust. There are loads of productivity tools out there that can help you get in the zone.
In this episode, I talk about what distracts me and how I try to fight it and stay on track.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Time Management, Work and the Highly Sensitive Person by Peter Messerschmidt
- The Pomodoro technique (and the online tomato timer)
- White noise and ambient noise
- Block social media with apps like Cold Turkey
Related posts on this blog:
- Why am I so easily distracted at work?
- Here’s the best job for a highly sensitive person
- HSP Podcast #15: Needing Control
- HSP Podcast #06: The Importance of Caring Less at Your Job
- Headphones are the New Wall: Everyone Hates Open Office Plans
- The right to silence trumps the right to noise
Sign up for my twice-monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on new podcast episodes, blog posts, and HSP news.
Do you like the show?
If you enjoy my podcast and blog, if you find it helpful, uplifting, or entertaining, that’s awesome! Would you consider giving just $1 per episode? It would allow me to continue making these shows every week. Check out my Patreon page to see how it works. You can get special rewards, too!
Note: All podcast and blog content is free, as always, I’m just asking for support!