In this show, I cover some “Frequently Asked Questions” about HSPs to clear up some misconceptions about the trait. Including:
- Aren’t “sensitive” people just drama queens and crybabies?
- Is “Highly Sensitive Person” a made-up thing people use as an excuse to act a certain way?
- Can’t you just toughen up?
- My partner was diagnosed as highly sensitive. How can they make it better?
- I feel like I’m walking on eggshells around my highly sensitive partner/friend. They get upset at everything.
- How can I better understand my highly sensitive partner/friend/family member?
Related content on this blog:
- HSP Podcast #27: About the science behind high sensitivity
- Blog post: How to Explain Being an HSP to Your Partner
- HSP Podcast #7: Explaining HSP to Your Partner
- Blog post: Understanding your HSP Partner (for non-HSPs)
Related content on the web:
- How to deal with Highly Sensitive People by Jim Hallowes
- The Difference Between Highly Sensitive and Hypersensitive – via Psychology Today
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person? Here’s The Science Behind This Personality Type
Want to support the show?
If you enjoy my podcast and blog, if you find it helpful, uplifting, or entertaining, that’s awesome! Would you consider giving just $1 per episode? Check out my Patreon page to see how it works. Thank you to my newest patron, Shaun!!