Did you ever think about caring less?
That’s a pretty radical concept for us HSPs. It goes against everything we feel. We’re generally loyal, hard workers who care deeply about what we do. But our conscientiousness can bleed over into perfectionism, and when we can’t meet our impossible standards, we’d sometimes rather quit than underperform.
In episode 6 of the HSP Podcast, I talk about how caring less can make your job more bearable….and won’t hurt you as much as you might think.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Highly Sensitive Person book by Dr. Elaine Aron
Related Posts on This Blog:
- The Importance of Caring Less at Your Office Job
- Jobs and Careers for HSPs
- Jobs and Careers for HSPs…revisited
- Here’s the best job for a highly sensitive person
- Products to Make Your Cubicle a Little More Bearable
- I Tear Up at Performance Reviews at Work
- Mental Self-Flagellation: When I Screw Up, No One is Madder than Me
- All the Battles I Fought When I Worked in a Cubicle
- My Goal is to Take Down Bright Lights in the Workplace
- Don’t Stand Over Me While I’m Working