- You can’t sleep because you hear a clock ticking in the other room.
- You can’t sleep because there is a tiny sliver of light coming in from between the curtains.
- You can’t sleep because you can’t stop thinking about something someone said to you that day.
- You can smell something going bad in the refrigerator even if no one else can.
- It takes you a long time to decide on what food to order at a restaurant, and even after ordering, you aren’t sure if that’s what you want.
- You need your environment to be just right before you can get fully engrossed in work.
- You jump when you hear a car horn honk. Or squealing tires. Or when someone talks to you when you are deep in thought.
- You can’t shop when someone is waiting for you.
- You’ve been startled by your own shadow.
- You have a 5 degree temperature window where you are comfortable.
- You never travel without an eyemask and earplugs. In fact, you use earplugs more than anyone else you know.
- You have a lot of pet peeves.
- The idea of going to a crowded club or bar sounds like the worst thing ever.
- You avoid coffee because the caffeine affects you too much.
- The TV is too loud.
- The lights are too bright.
You Might be a Highly Sensitive Person if…
August 30, 2013 by 6 Comments