Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSSThis episode is a rant. I want you to understand that before you listen.
If you don’t like complaining, you might want to skip it.
In episode #4, I talk about my personal experience working in a cubicle in an office for over 10 years and my battle against the following enemies:
- A stinky office kitchen
- Bright lights
- A painful chair
- A lack of control
Formidable foes all, but no match for the ultimate solution: quitting and working from home.
Related Posts on This Blog:
- All the Battles I Fought When I Worked in a Cubicle
- Products to Make Your Cubicle a Little More Bearable
- The Importance of Caring Less at Your Office Job
- Don’t Stand Over Me While I’m Working
- My Goal is to Take Down Bright Lights in the Workplace
- Headphones are the New Wall: Everyone Hates Open Office Plans
- Here’s the best job for a highly sensitive person
- I love listening to white noise
- Why am I so easily distracted at work?
Podcast music attribution: Bust This Bust That (Professor Kliq) / CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
I love the new podcasts and they are very relatable. thank you please keep them coming! only have one complaint-i wish they were longer
Thank you Bethanie!!
I think you and I are the same person…seriously. 🙂 I can directly relate to every word you spoke on this episode. I often wonder what my coworkers think about my sensitivities. I try very hard to keep them to myself and not to be “that girl” who complains about things that seem not to bother anyone else. I am just now learning about all the facets of being an HSP and your podcasts are a breath of fresh air and very informative. Thank you!!
Thanks for your comment! So glad you found camaraderie in this! (but sorry you have to work in a cube/open office!)
I have found my people! I am the same, and feel the need to express myself not “complain” 😉 I know I rubbed some the wrong way, but I refuse to be uncomfortable ! Especially if I am exchanging my life aka time to be there for never enough money. I’m only on ep 4 and I am so excited.. I thought I was the only one! Looking forward to bingeing on the rest of the episodes! Thank you! ♡