If you find yourself easily distracted (especially when working at home), please know that you aren’t the only one. Lots of us share the same struggle. The key is to acknowledge, accept, and adjust. There are loads of productivity tools out there that can help you get in the zone.
In this episode, I talk about what distracts me and how I try to fight it and stay on track.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Time Management, Work and the Highly Sensitive Person by Peter Messerschmidt
- The Pomodoro technique (and the online tomato timer)
- White noise and ambient noise
- Block social media with apps like Cold Turkey
Related posts on this blog:
- Why am I so easily distracted at work?
- Here’s the best job for a highly sensitive person
- HSP Podcast #15: Needing Control
- HSP Podcast #06: The Importance of Caring Less at Your Job
- Headphones are the New Wall: Everyone Hates Open Office Plans
- The right to silence trumps the right to noise