In this show, I cover some “Frequently Asked Questions” about HSPs to clear up some misconceptions about the trait. Including:
- Aren’t “sensitive” people just drama queens and crybabies?
- Is “Highly Sensitive Person” a made-up thing people use as an excuse to act a certain way?
- Can’t you just toughen up?
- My partner was diagnosed as highly sensitive. How can they make it better?
- I feel like I’m walking on eggshells around my highly sensitive partner/friend. They get upset at everything.
- How can I better understand my highly sensitive partner/friend/family member?
Related content on this blog:
- HSP Podcast #27: About the science behind high sensitivity
- Blog post: How to Explain Being an HSP to Your Partner
- HSP Podcast #7: Explaining HSP to Your Partner
- Blog post: Understanding your HSP Partner (for non-HSPs)
Related content on the web:
- How to deal with Highly Sensitive People by Jim Hallowes
- The Difference Between Highly Sensitive and Hypersensitive – via Psychology Today
- Are You A Highly Sensitive Person? Here’s The Science Behind This Personality Type