Two acquaintances in the same week made similar comments to me out of nowhere: that they felt behind, like they weren’t getting enough done in their work and businesses. It made me sad to hear that they were struggling and not feeling good about themselves.
I can totally relate to the feeling of underachievement. I felt inspired to try to help those of us who can never live up to our own expectations. In this episode, I talk about:
- How we compare ourselves to others on social media, even though we know it’s not reality
- How happiness can only be now–not the future
- Never being content; always wanting “the other thing”
- How we should stop saying “I should….”
- ….And stop beating ourselves up.
Note: The advice in this episode isn’t for everyone. I was hoping to reach a subset of people who needed this advice, but realize it is not totally universal.
Sign up for my twice-monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on new podcast episodes, blog posts, and HSP news.